12.22.2020 Season’s Greetings
|Season’s Greetings |
Sending you and yours wishes for a healthy holiday season. As the year winds down we reflect on the many things we have to be grateful for in 2020. Your support is at the top of the list. All of our accomplishments and the many ways we were able to get healthy food into the hands of children and families this year would not have been possible if not for the support and generosity of our community.
Thank you for helping us celebrate nature, bountiful gardens, healthy local food and cultural connections during this unprecedented year.
Although this year was full of challenges we were able create many moments worth celebrating. In 2020 we were able to:
• Complete our merger with Hillview Urban Agriculture
• Give away over 600 seedlings to families to have a sustainable, healthy food source
• Celebrate 16 area community and private gardens in the Bountiful Garden Tour
• Grow and harvest over 1,200 pounds of produce for school lunch handouts
• Build three new school gardens
• Share weekly Cultural Connections video lessons with students during the fall semester
• Connect over 60 families to cooking healthy foods with the Kids Cooking Challenge
• Begin our first winter growing season for school lunches in the greenhouse
As you can see this year offered many reasons to celebrate. With all of this forward momentum, we are so excited for new opportunities in 2021! Your support of GROW has allowed us to accomplish so much.
We count on donations from individuals, businesses and grants to provide all of the hands-on school garden and farm experiences we offer. If you have not yet had a chance to financially support our work we assure you every dollar contributed will be used to further our mission. As you contemplate year end giving we would be honored to be on your mind.